{meta} Agenda for South Central Area Committee on Wednesday 8th December, 2021, 2.30 pm

Agenda and minutes

Venue: BY REMOTE VIDEO CONFERENCING VIA - ZOOM. View directions

Contact: Email: gabrielle.malone@dublincity.ie 

Items
No. Item

1.

Delegation from Cherry Orchard Equine Centre

Minutes:

Order:  Presentation given by Mark Mellotte, C.E.O. Cherry Orchard  

             Equine Centre. Presentation Noted.

 

2.

Minutes of Meeting held 17th November, 2021 pdf icon PDF 354 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Order: Agreed.  

 

3.

Questions to the Director of Services South City pdf icon PDF 291 KB

Minutes:

Order: Replies to Questions and the Director of Services report circulated.

4.

Environment and Transportation Matters pdf icon PDF 76 KB

1.    Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 23/11/21 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.

2.    Traffic Service Requests Status Reports at 15/11/21 and 25/11/21.

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

1.    Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 23/11/21 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.

2.    Traffic Service Requests Status Reports at 15/11/21 and 25/11/21.

Order:  1. Report noted.   

             2. Report noted.

 

5.

South Central Area Matters pdf icon PDF 285 KB

1.      Presentation on Emmet Road Development, Inchicore, Dublin 8.

2.      Nomination to the Board of the Dolphin House Community Development Association.  Deferred from November Meeting.

3.      Community Grants Scheme 2021 for South Central Area.

4.      Dates and deadlines for 2022.

5.      Director of Services Report.

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

1.    Presentation on the Emmet Road Development, Inchicore, Dublin 8. 

2.    Nomination to the Board of the Dolphin House Community Development Association.

3.    Community Grants 2021 for South Central Area.

4.    Dates and deadlines for 2022.

5.    Director of Services Report.

Order: 1.   Presentation given by Sandra McAleer, DCC. Presentation   

                  noted.

2     Cllr. Darragh Moriarty was nominated to the Board of the    

      Dolphin House Community Development Association.

3.   Report Noted.

4.  Report Noted.

             5.  Report Noted.    

 

6.

Culture, Recreation and Economic Matters pdf icon PDF 560 KB

1.  Sports and Recreation Report for December 2021 South Central Area.

 

Minutes:

1.  Sports and Recreation Report for December 2021 South Central Area.

Order:  Report noted.   

 

 

7.

Planning & Property Development Matters pdf icon PDF 127 KB

1.    With reference to the proposed grant of a licence in 48-49 Meath Street,  

Dublin 8  to Meath Street Youth Activity CLG.

2.    With reference to the proposed grant of a licence to the premises at 82 The Coombe, Dublin 8 to SOLAS After School Project CLG.

3.    With reference to the proposed disposal of a plot of land to the rear of No 2 Hanover Square, Christchurch, Dublin 8.

4.    With reference to the proposed disposal of the Councils freehold interest in 42, 43 and 44 (formerly 41) Chamber Street, Dublin 8.

5.    With reference to the proposed grant of a lease of part of the premises adjacent to No. 14 La Touche Road, Bluebell, Dublin 12 (known as 14a La Touch Road) Dublin 12.

 

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

1.  With reference to the proposed grant of a licence in 48-49 Meath Street, Dublin 8

                 to Meath Street Youth Activity CLG.

2.    With reference to the proposed grant of a licence to the premises at 82 The

      Coombe, Dublin 8 to SOLAS After School Project CLG

3.    With reference to the proposed disposal of a plot of land to the rear of No 2 Hanover Square, Christchurch, Dublin 8.

4.    With reference to the proposed disposal of the Councils freehold interest in 42, 43 and 44 (formerly 41) Chamber Street, Dublin 8.

5.    With reference to the proposed grant of a lease of part of the premises adjacent to No. 14 La Touche Road, Bluebell, Dublin 12 (known as 14a La Touch Road) Dublin 12.

Order:1.  Agreed. Recommend to Council.

            2.  Agreed. Recommend to Council.

            3.  Agreed. Recommend to Council.

            4.  Agreed. Recommend to Council.

            5.  Agreed. Recommend to Council.

 

 

8.

Emergency Motions

Minutes:

The order of business was suspended to deal with the following Emergency Motion:

 

Emergency Motion 1 

That this Committee acknowledge that the fire damage at Donore Community Centre has left the area bereft of a place to gather and host community strengthening events. The members request that the centre be prioritised and works commence immediately within an agreed time frame.”

Cllrs. Máire Devine, Tina MacVeigh, Daithí Doolan

 

Order:  Report to Councillor.

 

9.

December 2021 Motions

DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL

SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE

8th DECEMBER 2021

 

 

M136   Councillor Vincent Jackson

That this Committee seeks a commitment from Dublin City Council and Irish Water to once and for all fix the appalling water pressure in the Northcliffe Apartment Complex at Martins Row Chapelizod, Village Dublin 20. Residents have seen the situation become progressively worse with the ongoing developments of apartments built over the years. I would be very grateful if Dublin City Council could give a full report on the causes and what action we propose to sort out this problem which is outside the control of neighbours.

 

M137   Cllrs Vincent Jackson, Sophie Nicoullaud, Daithí De Róiste and Daithí  

Doolan

That Dublin City Council look at No 34 Main Street, Chapelizod, Dublin 20 in relation to the poor state of repair of this important building which has stood here since the 1730`s. Local residents are very concerned that the building is just let to go into wrack and ruin whilst the value continues to increase. What avenues are available to DCC to ensure the owner repairs / stabilises the building. I am aware a metal ring beam was added a few months ago to secure the integrity of the building, this doesn’t look great for any building.

 

M138   Councillor Máire Devine

This Committee is appalled at the lack of urgent care and repair that is essential to safeguard the structure of the iconic Iveagh Market. We have no intention whatsoever in interfering or hindering the ongoing negotiations regarding ownership but demand that immediate action be taken ,without prejudice, to stabilise the structure and provide urgent protective coverage where a significant portion of the roof has collapsed.

 

M139   Councillor Máire Devine

This Committee acknowledge that condensation and mould significantly impact the health and wellbeing of communities.  Following the presentation by Joseph Little to the members last September (see attached report in link) regarding condensation, this committee agree that, the soon-to-be-published, “Tenants Handbook”(revised),reflect and set out the areas of responsibility of relevant parties to alleviate them. This will assist in mutual understanding of “cause and effect” while also informing best practice in addressing healthy home environments.

 

 

 

Derek Kelly

Director of Services South City

 

1st December 2021

 

Minutes:

DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL

SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE

8th December 2021

 

M136   Councillor Vincent Jackson

That this Committee seeks a commitment from Dublin City Council and Irish Water to once and for all fix the appalling water pressure in the Northcliffe Apartment Complex at Martins Row Chapelizod, Village Dublin 20. Residents have seen the situation become progressively worse with the ongoing developments of apartments built over the years. I would be very grateful if Dublin City Council could give a full report on the causes and what action we propose to sort out this problem which is outside the control of neighbours.

Order: Agreed to write to Irish Water.

 

 

M137   Cllrs Vincent Jackson, Sophie Nicoullaud, Daithí De Róiste and Daithí

            Doolan

That Dublin City Council look at No 34 Main Street, Chapelizod, Dublin 20 in relation to the poor state of repair of this important building which has stood here since the 1730`s. Local residents are very concerned that the building is just let to go into wrack and ruin whilst the value continues to increase. What avenues are available to DCC to ensure the owner repairs / stabilises the building. I am aware a metal ring beam was added a few months ago to secure the integrity of the building, this doesn’t look great for any building.

Order: Report to Councillor.

 

 

M138   Councillor Máire Devine

This Committee is appalled at the lack of urgent care and repair that is essential to safeguard the structure of the iconic Iveagh Market. We have no intention whatsoever in interfering or hindering the ongoing negotiations regarding ownership but demand that immediate action be taken ,without prejudice, to stabilise the structure and provide urgent protective coverage where a significant portion of the roof has collapsed

Order: Report to Councillor.

 

 

M139   Councillor Máire Devine

This Committee acknowledge that condensation and mould significantly impact the health and wellbeing of communities.  Following the presentation by Joseph Little to the members last September (see attached report in link) regarding condensation, this committee agree that, the soon-to-be-published, “Tenants Handbook”(revised),reflect and set out the areas of responsibility of relevant parties to alleviate them. This will assist in mutual understanding of “cause and effect” while also informing best practice in addressing healthy home environments.

Order:  Report to Councillor.