{meta} Agenda for Central Area Committee on Tuesday 9th March, 2021, 10.00 am

Agenda and minutes

Venue: BY REMOTE VIDEO CONFERENCING VIA - ZOOM. View directions

Contact: Blathnaid Conlon ext 2932 

Items
No. Item

1.

With reference to the minutes of the Central Area Committee held on 9th February 2021. pdf icon PDF 328 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Agreed.

2.

With reference to the Questions to the Area Managers. pdf icon PDF 361 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Noted.

3.

With reference to a presentation on HSE general services in the Central Area.

Minutes:

ORDER: Presentation noted.

4.

With reference to a report on Martin Savage Park. pdf icon PDF 165 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

5.

With reference to a report under Part 8 Planning and Development Regulations 2001, Proposed Development at St. Finbar's Court, Dublin 7. pdf icon PDF 226 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

6.

With reference to a report and presentation on Dublin City Council Special Speed Limit Bye-Laws 2021. pdf icon PDF 1 MB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

ORDER: Presentation noted.

 

7.

With reference to the Naming of No. 87 North Strand Road / Poplar Row, Dublin 3. pdf icon PDF 368 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

ORDER: Agreed. Recommend to City Council.

8.

With reference to Traffic Advisory Group held on 23rd February 2021. pdf icon PDF 75 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

9.

With reference to a presentation on the Queen Street / Bridgefoot Street Cycle lane proposal.

Minutes:

ORDER: Presentation noted.

10.

With reference to Central Area JPC - themes, Work Plan for 2021 and Community/Business Representation.

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

11.

With reference to a 'Sculpture Dublin' update report. pdf icon PDF 511 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

12.

With reference to the North East Inner City Initiative. pdf icon PDF 906 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

13.

With reference to Public Domain. pdf icon PDF 1 MB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

14.

With reference to Housing Matters in the North East Inner City and North West Inner City. pdf icon PDF 613 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

ORDER: Reports noted.

 

15.

With reference to Community Matters in the North Inner City. pdf icon PDF 365 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

16.

With reference to Cabra/Glasnevin Area Report. pdf icon PDF 126 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

17.

With reference to Housing Matters in Cabra/Glasnevin. pdf icon PDF 766 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

18.

With reference to Community Matters in Cabra/Glasnevin. pdf icon PDF 977 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

19.

With reference to Sports in the Central Area. pdf icon PDF 492 KB

Minutes:

ORDER: Report noted.

 

20.

With reference to Motions to the Area Managers. pdf icon PDF 225 KB

Minutes:

 

Motion in the name of Councillors Declan Meenagh, Dermot Lacey and Joe Costello

That this Central Area Committee, noting that there is a clear alternative Liffey Quays route around Beresford Place, agrees that it would be desirable to close that part of the Custom House Quay immediately in front of the Custom House to vehicular traffic on Saturdays and Sundays, for a trial period of one year to see if it could provide a new civic amenity space.

 

ORDER: Agreed.  Area Manager to discuss with stakeholders including the Office of Public Works.

 

Motion in the name of Councillor  Declan Meenagh

That this Central Area Committee notes the impacts social isolation can have on people with dementia and their carers, and that this Committee calls on the Area Office to make available council facilities in the area, for social activities run for people with dementia and their carers.

 

ORDER: Agreed.  List of Dublin City Council facilities and contact details for each to be recirculated to the members of the Central Area Committee.

 

Motion in the names of Councillor Colm O’Rourke and Councillor Ray McAdam

That this Area Committee calls on the National Transport Authority (NTA) to make use of the unutilised lands north of Mount Bernard Park for community use. Furthermore, we call for the NTA to report back to this Committee with an update on this. 

 

ORDER: Agreed.  Letter to be sent to the National Transport Authority.

 

Motion in the name of Councillor Cat O’Driscoll

That this Area Committee agree to write to the OPW to request the immediate improvement of toilet facility availability in the Phoenix Park, seven days a week in keeping with Level 5 restrictions.

 

ORDER: Agreed.  Letter to be sent to the Office of Public Works.