{meta} Agenda for North Central Area JPC on Monday 15th July, 2019, 11.30 am

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Conference Room 1, Northside Civic Centre, Bunratty Road, Dublin 17. View directions

No. Item


Minutes of meeting held on 15th April 2019 pdf icon PDF 427 KB





Garda Report's - Chief Superintendent Mark Curran, Superintendent Gerry Donnelly, Inspector Kathy O'Neill (for Joe O'Connor) and Inspector Martha Francis.



Order:  An Garda Síochána discussed the statistics for DMR North.


Inspector Kathy O’Neill advised that similar to Coolock there is an increased in burglaries.  There is an increased Garda presence around Raheny Dart Station to identify youths causing anti-social behaviour.  Cllrs asked regarding the Edenmore Clinic.  Superintendent Gerry Donnelly advised this clinic is a work in progress.  The Clinic is maintained through a community engagement project.



Inspector Martha Francis spoke regarding the boundary changes in the Santry area.  DCU and Omni are now within the NCA.  There is an increase in criminal damage, however, there is no particular trend representing this increase except the boundary changes.  Inspector Aidan Monaghan spoke regarding a new e-mail santry@garda.ie.ie whereby members of the public can contact the Garda in relation to any Garda matters they have, this is a private and confidential service.  Inspector Aidan Monahan spoke regarding the “SAP” Small Area Policing Plan implemented in the Santry area.


Cllr’s asked regarding Domestic Violence increase.  Chief Superintendent Mark Curran advised Domestic Violence has a good publicity campaign and every incident reported is recorded on the Garda Pulse system.

Cllr Heney asked regarding animal welfare.  Coilin O’Reilly advised control of horses/dogs is a DCC issue. 


Cllr Batten requested breakdown of resources and allocation of guards. 


Action: Chief Superintendent Curran to provide relevant details. 

Cllr Lyons requested that the manager re-visit the establishment of a Kilmore West Forum. 


Action: Elaine Mulvenny advised consideration would be given to a forum and community engagement. 


Chief Superintendent Mark Curran informed the Forum that the murder in Darndale is being dealt with through Operation Hybrid.  This is a joint operation and is fully supported by the Commissioner. 


A policing Plan has been implemented in Darndale with increased bicycle patrols in order for the success of this plan it will need full commitment from the community.  Chief Superintendent Mark Curran referred to the relationship the guards have with DCC being very powerful in tackling issues.  Coilin O’Reilly advised that he is going to instigate a project in Darndale which will be a co-ordinated approach between stakeholders of new ideas.



Election of a new Chairperson and Vice Chairperson:


Order: Noted Elected Chairperson - Cllr Tom Brabazon, Proposed by Cllr Deirdre Heney seconded by Cllr Rachael Batten.


Elected Vice Chairperson -  Cllr Larry O’Toole, Proposed by Cllr Tom Brabazon seconded by Cllr Donna Cooney.



Invitation to Garda Commissioner Drew Harris to visit Darndale - Linda Hayden:


Order: Chief Superintendent Mark Curran supported a request by Linda Hayden to invite the Garda Commissioner Drew Harris or Vice Commissioner Pat Leahy to visit Darndale.  Deirdre Murphy to liaise with Linda Hayden.



Sign off North Central JPC Sub Committee Work Plan 2019: pdf icon PDF 618 KB


Order: Agreed


Any Other Business and Further Items

Next meeting Monday 21st October 2019





Coilin O’Reilly

Area Manager


Items for next meeting:

·         The proposed new Garda Station at Northern Cross.








Next meeting 21st Oct 2019 at 11.30.





Coilin O’Reilly

Area Manager



Councillor Larry O’Toole


15th July 2019