Venue: Council Chamber, City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin 2.. View directions
Contact: Email: email@example.com
1. Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 30/01/24 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.
2. Traffic Service Requests Status Reports at 15/01/24 and 19/01/24.
South Central Area Matters
1. Presentation on Environmental Noise Regulations.
2. Presentation ESB Networks – Cable Replacement Projects South Central.
3. 2nd Notification – Part 8 River Liffey Pontoon Project.
4. City Edge Project Update.
5. Naming proposal for a new development – Planning Reference 5339/22Sub01 located at Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10.
6. Naming proposal for new development Ref. ABP-313790-22 located at: The former grounds of Glebe House and Coruba House, St. Agnes Road, Crumlin, D12.
7. Discretionary Fund 2024.
8. Director of Services Report.
1. Sports and Recreation Report for February 2024 South Central Area.
1. With reference to the proposed grant of a 3 Year Short Term Letting at 81, The
Coombe, Dublin 8 (Ground Floor) to Shannon’s Hopeline CLG.
February 2024 Motions
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE
21st February 2024
M303 Councillor Hazel de Nortúin
The residents in Riverview Court in Chapelizod have been requesting that DCC engage with their Housing needs. This Committee agrees that DCC should conduct a review of the complex with the potential to identify any upgrades that are needed.
M304 Councillor Máire Devine
This Committee notes the stated intent to provide an “incidental space/pocket park” at St Luke’s Avenue as agreed in 2022 and seeks an update on the progress of this.
M305 Councillor Máire Devine
This Committee is aware that the parking/traffic issues in the D8 area surrounding the National Stadium remain unresolved and again seeks a meeting with local residents and the Stadium’s event management.
M306 Councillor Máire Devine
This Committee acknowledges the work of DCC, Uisce Éireann and local reps who worked together over the Christmas period to restore water supply at several locations in D8. Can members be provided with a report that explains the issues and the solutions.
M307 Councillor Sophie Nicoullaud
That the Parks Department agree to protect existing public trees by demanding that buildings be pushed back away from mature trees. It happened here, it happened in Brickfield and it is not good enough. We are losing years of environmental benefits from existing mature trees. Younger trees don't store as much CO2. That this council demands from the main contractor that mature trees be replacing the existing trees. To ask that the new trees be planted further back from the building in order to let the trees grow better.
M308 Councillor Sophie Nicoullaud
That this Area Committee back up the creation of a social enterprise for Cherry Orchard. That the Director of Services share what progress has been made to introduce a space for social enterprise in Cherry Orchard. Has DCC conducted research on what social enterprise type is most needed? What type of social enterprise has been looked at so far? That this committee make a case for a community shared kitchen to be included as a social enterprise /business plan to consider.
M309 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That the De Paul Trust be asked to provide an urgent management / maintenance schedule in relation to the homeless wet hostel operated at James Street / Stevens Lane Dublin 8. The whole complex is in serious needs of cleaning and regular maintenance. For a building which is relatively new, little maintenance ever takes place here, shoddy waste in windows, weeds growing out of once flower boxes is all that the local community see. It is something that could be sorted out very easily with good local management.
M310 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That this Committee agrees to invite the Board of Management representatives of Ballyfermot Resource Centre Ballyfermot Road Dublin 10 into the next SCAC to give a presentation on the serious problems they are having with construction traffic. Lack of car-parking, cycle lanes etc.
M311 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That this Committee calls upon An Post to ensure that ... view the full agenda text for item 8.