Venue: Online Zoom Meeting
Contact: Cora Roche Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Presentation on Meath Street Environmental Improvement Scheme.
2. Public Domain Annual Report 2020.
3. Nomination of 1 member to the Kilmainham Inchicore Network.
4. Nomination of 1 member to the Canal Communities Local Drugs & Alcohol Task Force.
5. Nomination of 1 member to the New Children’s Hospital Resident’s Project Monitoring Committee Consultative Forum.
6. Director of Services Report.
1. Sports and Recreation Report for January 2021 – South Central Area.
1. Notification of initiation under Part 8 Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) Proposed Demolition of St Michael’s Community Centre and Health Services Executive clinic at Emmet Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
2. Proposed disposal of a plot of land to the rear of No 3 Hanover Square, Christchurch, Dublin 8
January 2021 Motions
M.79 Councillor Daithí Doolan
This Area Committee notes with concern that the current Service Site Fund undermines Dublin City Council's ability to develop affordable homes on publicly owned sites.
This Area Committee calls on the Minister for Housing, Darragh O'Brien, to increase the Service Site Fund from €50,000 to €100,000. This, along with extending loans from financial institutions to 40 years, would allow Dublin City Council to deliver affordable homes to rent or purchase.
M.80 Councillor Máire Devine
That this Area Committee view with trepidation the granting of permission for Co Living at the Old Glass Factory, Liberties. Given the recent Ministerial decision to ban these inappropriate units, this permission has caused huge concern both locally and nationally. We acknowledge the sterling work by local residents with their campaign to stop this unsustainable development that will have significant negative impact on their area. Furthermore we note that the only recourse communities have to appeal these decisions is a costly Judicial Review which is beyond the reach of the majority.”
M.81 Councillor Daithí Doolan
This Area Committee calls on Dublin City Council to ensure that a representative from the Ballyfermot Disability Collective is represented on the structures overseeing Cherry Orchard LAP.
M.82 Councillor Máire Devine
That this Area Committee agree that a report on planning applications and decisions regarding “Change of Use” be included in the monthly agenda”
M.83 Councillor Daithí Doolan
That this Area Committee will organise to ensure that recycling of Christmas trees will be provided for in Dublin South Central as a matter of urgency, it is unacceptable that no provision is made for recycling in Ballyfermot, Drimnagh, Inchicore or South West Inner City, particularly with the current Covid restrictions.