Venue: ONLINE ZOOM MEETING
Contact: Cora Roche 222 3654 or 087 7843530
1. Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 30/10/2020 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.
2. Traffic Service Requests Status Reports at 15/10/20 and 28/10/20.
1. Presentation on Regeneration of Oliver Bond House.
2. Halloween 2020 Report South Central Area
3. Naming & Numbering Proposal for a new development at 110 – 111 Cork Street.
4. Director of Services Report.
1. Sports and Recreation Report for November 2020 – South Central Area.
1. Initiation of the Statutory Process for the Proposed Addition of No. 31 Old Kilmainham, Dublin 8, in accordance with Section 54 and 55 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended), to Dublin City Council’s Record of
November 2020 Motions
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE
18th November 2020
M.66 Councillor Tina MacVeigh
This Area Committee agrees that the Iveagh Markets will not be used as a hotel, student accommodation or a co-living accommodation scheme and calls on the Council to do everything in its power to prevent this happening. This iconic building was once a hub of community activity and commerce. Its history is dynamic and rich as is being evidenced through the oral history project with the Folklore society in UCD. We are witnessing the destruction of the Liberties through the wrecking ball of transient and gated accommodation that is springing up everywhere. The fabric of the inner city neighbourhood is being rapidly eroded. Preserving a building like the Iveagh markets for civic and community use must be a priority for us.
M.67 Councillor Maire Devine
That this Area Committee agree to establish a “conservation plan“ for the 3 adjoining sites that are Brú Chaoimhín, Quakers Cemetery and The James Weir Home For Nurses.
M.68 Councillor Daithí Doolan
This Area Committee would like to express deepest thanks to all the services including Dublin City Council, Gardaí, Dublin Fire Brigade, ambulance service and youth services for their hard work over the Halloween season. They ensured communities had a happy and safe weekend.
M.69 Councillor Hazel de Nortúin
This Area Committee supports those who suffered unnecessarily at the hands of the Mother and Baby Homes. We support their call for transparency when seeking information on their time spent in these institutions.
M.70 Councillor Tina MacVeigh
Area Committee sends a message of solidarity and support to Polish
women living in our community and to their friends and family back
home involved in the struggle for women's reproductive
M.71 Councillor Maire Devine
Under Section 205 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, that this Area Committee agrees, forthwith, to seek a Tree Preservation Order for the trees at the Brú Chaoimhín Campus in Cork Street, Dublin 8.
M.72 Councillor Maire Devine
This Area Committee supports residents whose streets, homes and wellbeing have been significantly discommoded by the construction of National Children’s Hospital- A National Infrastructure Project. Furthermore, we call on BAM to manage the traffic in the areas surrounding the site and urgently provide alternative arrangements for the worker’s car parking. We request that DCC grant “derogation” from the parking bye-laws that prioritises residents parking to allow safe access and egress for the time of the construction.