Venue: Council Chamber, City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin 2.. View directions
Contact: Cora Roche Email: email@example.com Tel: 222 3654
1. Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 25/08/2020 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.
2. Traffic Service Request Status Report at 04/09/2020.
1. Report on Regeneration Proposals for St Teresa’s Gardens/Donore Avenue.
2. Initiation of Part 8 Demolition of former Ardscoil Eanna, Funeral home and ancillary buildings at Crumlin Road / Rafter’s Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12.
3. Initiation of Part 8 for new house at 31 Croftwood Drive, Ballyfermot.
4. Feasibility Study: Bridgefoot Street, Merchants Quay.
5. Historian in Residence Report.
6. Director of Service’s Report.
1. Sports and Recreation report for September 2020 – South Central Area
1. Proposed grant of a 15 year Lease of Ground Floor and First Floor Units of Bridgefoot Court, Dublin 8 to Innovate Dublin Communities Ltd.
2. Proposed grant of a licence at 48-49 Meath St., Dublin 8, to Meath Street Youth Activity CLG.
3. Proposed disposal of a plot comprising part of the rear garden of 86 Mourne Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12.
4. Proposed disposal of the Council’s freehold interest in the property known as 312 Ballyfermot Road, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10.
5. Disposal of Fee Simple in premises at Kylemore Park South, Dublin 10
September 2020 Motions
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE
16th September 2020
M.50 Councillor Darragh Moriarty
That this area committee is very concerned about the proliferation of ‘bangers’ in the local area so early this year and we agree to write to the Superintendent expressing our concerns and asking what steps they are taking to seize illegal fireworks and clamp down on this activity. We also call for imaginative solutions so that public information campaigns on the dangers of bangers continue in schools, despite Covid-19.
M.51 Councillor Sophie Nicoullaud
The Camac area in Bluebell is going through many planning changes,
M.52 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That the ongoing issue of anti-social behaviour with the Play-ground at the new Skateboard Park at the Lawns Park Le Fanu Road, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10, be addressed with the construction of new railings, opening closing times, proper signage, inter-agency approach. The facility, minus the anti-social behaviour, offered thousands of children a lifeline after the lifting of Covid 19 restrictions. The provision of railings is something many facilities offer like the play facility in the Phoenix Park. If we get a second round of lock-down we need to be in a position we can close off this facility. I am aware most of the problems happen after BYS staff leave the facility after dark.
M.53 Councillor Daithí Doolan
This Area Committee expresses deep concern at the increasing level of fireworks being used in recent months. It is only by working together can Gardaí, youth services, Dublin City Council and the public tackle the causes and consequences of this problem. We call on the Garda Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner for the Dublin Metropolitan Region to give extra resources to Garda stations so Gardaí can respond in an adequate and timely manner.
M.54 Councillors Sophie Nicoullaud and Michael Pidgeon
That Dublin City Council will develop a clear safe mobility plan for each primary and secondary school in the south-central area to:
- remove school traffic congestion near the school
- ensure COVID social distancing measures can be complied with
- enable walkers and cyclists to safely access each and every school
M.55 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That Dublin City Council look at the operation and running of the Ashtown Dog Pound in Dublin 15. There is serious concern with the welfare of animals kept at this facility I would ask that we seek a full report to include all aspects of its operation and aggressively look at other contractors to provide a service when this tender expires. How much is the current contract costing DCC and what service do we get for that? When does the current contract expire?
M.56 Councillor Daithí Doolan
This Area Committee agrees that ... view the full agenda text for item 8.