{meta} Agenda for Central Area JPC on Thursday 22nd March, 2018, 3.00 pm

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Council Chamber, City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin 2.. View directions

Contact: Sandra Walley 

Media

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes of Central Area Joint Policing Sub-Committee meeting held on 11th December 2017 pdf icon PDF 90 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Minutes agreed.

 

Members praised Gardaí and Council staff for their work during the severe weather alert. They also expressed their gratitude to Dublin Fire Brigade, hotel staff and residents for the safe evacuation of people during the fire at the Metro hotel.

 

Letter to issue to the Chief Fire Officer on behalf of the Committee.

2.

Progress on actions agreed at last meeting pdf icon PDF 7 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Noted.

3.

Presentation by An Garda Síochána

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Presentation noted.

 

Chief Supt. Ward informed the Committee that 89 convictions have occurred since the prescription drugs legislation was enacted.

 

The 40 new Gardaí will arrive 3rd April and will receive special training in relation to issues unique to the North East Inner City.  They will be deployed across the 3 Garda stations in the Division.

 

Members thanked Chief Supt. Ward and Council officials for a very successful St. Patrick’s Day.

 

Members expressed concern with the length of time the Divisional Community Policing Office takes to issue a response to them.  Chief Supt. Ward to investigate the matter and report back to the Committee.

 

Members expressed concern on the length of time it takes Gardaí in Bridewell Station to call to victims after they report a crime.  Chief Supt. Ward to investigate and report back to the Committee.

 

Cllr Burke asked for figures relating to arrests for intoxication to be made available.  Chief Supt. Ward to bring statistics to a future meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.

Presentation by Michael Stone, Chairperson of the Programme Implementation Board for the North East Inner City Initiative

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Presentation noted.

 

Members commended the NEIC Programme Office and Task Force for the excellent community engagement and thanked Michael Stone for the presentation and update on matters progressed.

 

It was noted that the provision of social housing, particularly in the North Wall area is still an issue.  It was agreed to request the presence of Dick Shakespeare and the Chief Executive at the next Central Area Committee meeting to address the matter.

5.

Reports a) Policing Forum Report, b) Drugs Task Force Report, c) Community Report pdf icon PDF 139 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Reports noted.

6.

Annual Work Plan Updates pdf icon PDF 146 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Noted.

7.

A.O.B. pdf icon PDF 3 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Noted that future meetings of this Committee will take place at 10am.

 

Noted that a public meeting of the Central Area JPC has been scheduled for Wednesday 28th March at 7.30pm in the Holy family Parish Centre, Prussia Street.

 

Actions Agreed

 

(i)            Letter to issue to Chief Fire Officer re safe evacuation of people from the Metro Hotel fire.

 

(ii)           Chief Supt. Ward to investigate Divisional Community Policing Office’s response time to Councillor queries.

 

(iii)          Chief Supt. Ward to investigate reports of delays by Gardai from Bridewell in calling to victims after they report a crime.

 

(iv)         Figures for intoxication arrests to be brought to future meeting.

 

(v)          Chief Executive and Richard Shakespeare to be invited to next Central Area Committee meeting regarding the provision of social housing in the North Wall area.