{meta} Agenda for Housing SPC on Wednesday 14th July, 2021, 11.00 am

Agenda and draft minutes

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes of meeting dated Wednesday 9th June and matters arising pdf icon PDF 276 KB

Minutes:

Agreed : Minutes Agreed

 

2.

Chairpersons Business pdf icon PDF 569 KB

Minutes:

i.          Correspondence

Lord Mayor Alison Gilliland updated attendees about;

a)    Correspondence with Minister for Housing with regard to the implementation of a recommendation from  the Traveller Accommodation Expert Review Report to establish a Traveller Specific Strategic Policy Committee (SPC).

b)    The recent Traveller Specific Meeting and its recommendations.

Action : Pat Teehan to follow up with Local Traveller Consultative Committee (LTACC) about the possibility of recording future LTACC meetings

Agreed : Correspondence noted

 

3.

Traveller Accommodation pdf icon PDF 414 KB

i.      Traveller Accommodation Report – see attached

ii.    LTACC Report –Next meeting of the LTACC is on Friday 16th July @11.30am via ZOOM

 

Minutes:

The following aspects of the report were discussed;


·         Site updates – Labre Park/Naas Road/Northern Fringe/Tara Lawns

·         Recording of Traveller Ethnicity on Social Housing Application form

·         Ombudsman for Children report recommendations

·         Budget Draw Down

·         Waste dumping Issues & Stakeholder Engagement

·         Sanitation Units

·         Emergency Caravan Grant Scheme

·         Caravan Loan Scheme


Agreed : Report noted

i.         LTACC Report

Verbal update provided


Agreed : Update noted

 

4.

Motion in the name of Cllr Sophie Nicoullaud

That the LTACC and its members support the recommendations that came from Dublin City Councils Special Meeting on Traveller Accommodation. In particular, it supports the call for the word "Illegal" to be removed from any correspondence - either verbally or officially- going forward

 

Minutes:

That the LTACC and its members support the recommendations that came from Dublin City Council’s Special Meeting on Traveller Accommodation. In particular, it supports the call for the word "Illegal" to be removed from any correspondence - either verbally or officially- going forward

 

            Cllr Nicoullaud explained the context of the motion. The ACE explained that it cannot apply to areas such as trespass but the TAU unit will use unauthorised instead of ‘illegal’ in its reports and correspondence.

Agreed : Invite Irish Traveller Movement to make a presentation at future Housing    SPC meeting

Agreed : Motion Agreed

 

5.

Terms of Reference for Audit of Construction Costs and Development Timescales pdf icon PDF 319 KB

Minutes:

The following themes were covered and discussed;

·            Terms of Reference Delivery Mechanism & Timeframe

·            Engagement of Independent Experts

·            Stakeholder Consultation

Agreed : Amend wording of Bullet point 6 to read; Examine the costs as contained within the Chartered Surveyors of Ireland report-‘The Real Cost of Apartment Delivery’ dated 26thJanuary 2021. Seek submissions from relevant experts and utilise any current industry and/or academic research available that is considered reputable and credible as part of the analysis.

Agreed : Report noted

 

6.

Housing Management Update pdf icon PDF 875 KB

i.              Report on Housing Supply

ii.             Report on Homelessness

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

i.              Report on Housing Supply

The Report on Housing Supply was noted and the following themes were discussed;


·           Housing Supply - Portal/IT system shall be created to provide new scheme update

·           Condition/Standard of Dublin City Council Complexes

·           Property acquisitions

·           Long Term Leasing: Role within overall all housing provision; Implications & Communication to local Councillors; Long-term implications/strategy to reduce reliance on leasing

 

 


Agreed :Report noted

ii.             Report on Homelessness

The Report on Homelessness and the Report from the Special Committee on Homelessness were noted and the following themes were discussed;


·           Single Person statistics

·           National Quality Framework Standards

·           Freephone review

·           Consistency of data/details presented in the Homeless Report

·           Implications of Covid restriction easing

·           Private Hostel Accommodation inspections

·           Housing Support Officers

·           Regional Forum to share information

·           One Bedroom Capacity


 

Agreed : Report Agreed

 

7.

Update on Working Groups pdf icon PDF 902 KB

i.     Senior Citizens Working Group

ii.    Special Committee on Homelessness

iii.  Oversight Committee on Animal Welfare Issues

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

i.     Senior Citizens Working Group

 

Verbal update provided by Lord Mayor Alison Gilliland

Agreed : Update noted

ii.    Special Committee on Homelessness

           

Agreed : Report noted

 

iii.   Oversight Committee on Animal Welfare Issues

 

Chairperson of the Oversight Committee on Animal Welfare Issues, Cllr Deirdre Heney, provided an update which included wider aspects of animal welfare 7 key stakeholder engagement


 

Agreed : Report noted

 

8.

Motion in the name of Cllr Darragh Moriarty

That Dublin City Council Housing SPC recognises the deplorable conditions of damp and mould experienced by residents in the Oliver Bond flat complex and welcomes the launch of the ‘'We're Sick of Waiting- Campaign for Better Housing Conditions in Oliver Bond House’. The Dublin City Council Housing SPC calls for the following:

An immediate environmental audit on the extent of the damp and mould in every flat across the complex;

An immediate safety audit of the playing pitch; and

A fully costed plan to be put in place to remediate any interim defects.

The Dublin City Council Housing SPC appreciates longer-term plans for regeneration of the complex are in train, but calls for immediate action on the above in the interim.  

 

Minutes:

That Dublin City Council Housing SPC recognises the deplorable conditions of damp and mould experienced by residents in the Oliver Bond flat complex and welcomes the launch of the ‘'We're Sick of Waiting- Campaign for Better Housing Conditions in Oliver Bond House’. The Dublin City Council Housing SPC calls for the following:

An immediate environmental audit on the extent of the damp and mould in every flat across the complex;

An immediate safety audit of the playing pitch; and

A fully costed plan to be put in place to remediate any interim defects.

The Dublin City Council Housing SPC appreciates longer-term plans for regeneration of the complex are in train, but calls for immediate action on the above in the interim.  

Cllr Moriarty explained the context of his motion

The motion was supported by members of the SPC and the following themes were covered and discussed;


·           Regeneration methodology & potential timeframe

·           Building fabric & environmental factors

·            Dampness

·           Potential Funding Mechanism/ Significant Investment required

·           Establishment of anOliver Bond Consultative Committee


Agreed : Short Term Investment Funding report shall be brought to a future Housing SPC meeting

            Agreed :Motion Agreed

9.

Motion in the name of Cllr Cieran Perry

That the Housing Strategy aspect of the Dublin City Development Plan is produced in consultation with the Housing SPC.  

 

Minutes:

That the Housing Strategy aspect of the Dublin City Development Plan is produced in consultation with the Housing SPC.  

 

Cllr Perry explained the context of his motion and members of the SPC indicated              their support.

 

 

Agreed : Housing Strategy special meeting to be convened

 

 

Agreed : Housing Strategy Document to be presented at a future Housing SPC meeting for discussion

 

Agreed : Motion Agreed

 

10.

AOB

Next online meeting is currently scheduled for Wednesday 8th September 11:00-13:00

Minutes:

The date of the next meeting was noted.