Venue: BY REMOTE VIDEO CONFERENCING VIA - ZOOM. View directions
Contact: Email: email@example.com
1. Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 16/12/21 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.
2. Traffic Service Requests Status Reports at 15/12/21 and 06/01/22.
1. Presentation on Strategic Housing Development Application No. SHD0026/21 - Lands at Concorde Industrial Estate, Naas Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12.
2. Presentation on Strategic Housing Development Application No. SHD0029/21 - Park West Avenue and Park West Road, Park West, Dublin 12.
3. Part 8 Planning Report Carman’s Hall.
4. Naming proposal for new development at 229-235 Tyrconnell Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
5. Naming proposal for a development – Planning ref: 3798/18, located at 70/72 Park West, Dublin 12.
6. Director of Services Report.
1. Sports and Recreation Report for January 2022 South Central Area.
1. With reference to the proposed grant of a licence of premises adjacent to 13 Earl
Street South, Dublin 8.
January 2022 Motions
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE
19th January 2022
M140 Councillors Tina MacVeigh, Michael Pidgeon
That temporary lighting will be installed along the Grand Canal path from Suir Road to Blackhorse as an interim measure, until such time as the extant feasibility study and any development works arising for this stretch of the Canal way are carried out.
M141 Councillor Tina MacVeigh
That this area committee agrees that consideration should be given to the provision of a temporary playing field in the south west inner city and that the area office will revert to councillors with specific proposals by the February SCAC meeting.
M142 Councillor Daithí Doolan
That the South Central Area Committee calls on the HSE to engage with Dublin City Council and negotiate how the former Blindcraft building can be used to house community services.
M143 Councillor Sophie Nicoullaud
That this committee writes to the Park Superintendent of the Phoenix Park in the OPW to request as a matter of priority all trees with protective metal fences be inspected in order to remove the ones that are damaging the trunk and or the roots of the trees. That this committee is updated on the progress made by the OPW on this.
M144 Councillor Máire Devine
That this Committee react with urgency to the recent invitation by the HSE for expressions of interest in the Weir Home for Nurses, Cork Street and work collaboratively to secure this historic site as valuable asset for our communities and our city as per DCC and HSE property protocol.
M145 Councillor Máire Devine
Following the Emergency Motion passed last month vis a vis essential stabilising works at the Iveagh Market, that this committee will provide an update on the ownership issues and provide a schedule of works to the members that reflects the urgency required to prevent further structure devastation.
M146 Councillor Vincent Jackson
In light of the serious attack on a young woman and her friend in the Ballyfermot Area on the evening of the 30th of December last that this committee calls upon all the institutions of the state to take a pro-active role in addressing underlining issues which create the environment that allows this behaviour take hold. Looking at the efforts under the then Taoiseach Enda Kenny in setting up the North Inner-City Initiative is a model we should look at. I feel the current model of policing cannot deliver the safe communities 98% of the population aspire to. Can this committee also write to the Minister for Justice Equality and Law Reform Ms Helen McEntee TD, Garda Commissioner Drew Harrison & An Taoiseach Mr Michael Martin TD looking to start that conversation with statutory and NGO on the ground with a view to addressing the issues.
M147 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That this Committee asks the Department of Justice to outline the legal status once and for all on the sale and ownership of scrambler bikes and Quads which are destroying our Parks and open spaces. They are ... view the full agenda text for item 8.