Venue: BY REMOTE VIDEO CONFERENCE - ,. View directions
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Hybrid Meeting - zoom link attendance also
1. Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group held on the 28/09/21 in relation to Traffic Matters in the South Central Area.
2. Traffic Service Requests Status Reports at 15/09/21 and 04/10/21.
1. Presentation on Strategic Housing Development application No: SHD0022/21 - Lands at Carriglea Industrial Estate, Muirfield Drive, Naas Road, Dublin 12
2. Presentation on Strategic Housing Development application No: SHD0023/21 – Heuston South Quarter, St. John’s Road West / Military Road, Kilmainham, Dublin 8.
3. Naming proposal for new development at Newmarket Square – Planning Ref ABP-307067-20.
4. Nomination of 3 Councillors to the Oliver Bond House Regeneration Board.
5. Community Initiatives for the Halloween period in South Central Area.
6. Director of Services Report.
1. Sports and Recreation Report for October 2021 South Central Area.
Planning & Property Development Matters
1. Proposed disposal of the Council’s freehold interest in 180A Carrow Road,
Drimnagh, Dublin 12.
2. Proposed disposal of a plot to the rear of 244 Blackditch Road, Ballyfermot,
3. Proposed grant of a licence of a unit at Memorial Court, Islandbridge.
October 2021 Motions
DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
SOUTH CENTRAL AREA COMMITTEE
20th October 2021
M129 Cllrs Daithí Doolan, Sophie Nicoullaud and Darragh Moriarty
That the South Central Area Committee supports the Irish Local Development Network (ILDN) and the trade unions, SIPTU & Forsa, in their opposition to the new model of employment services outlined in Pathways to Work which proposes to terminate current Job Clubs and Local Employment Services (LES) by the end of 2021 and to replace the successful 25-year-old community-led and non-profit providers with an untested, unproven centralised profit-driven model of delivery.
M130 Councillor Daithí Doolan
This Area Committee notes the good work done by the staff, CE & City Council staff, in the Orchard Centre. The centre continues to provide an essential service to the Cherry Orchard community and houses locally based services.
This committee further notes with concern the proposal to cut back on the centre's opening hours due to staff shortages.
To ensure the Orchard Centre remains open at the current level this Area Committee calls on Dublin City Council to provide 3 General Operatives.
M131 Councillor Vincent Jackson
That Dublin City Council look into the introduction of speed reduction measures on the lower portion of Ballyfermot Road / Sarsfield Road, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10. The area currently has very little speed reduction measures in place and residents who have contacted all the local public representatives over the past few days following the traffic accident on Sunday 3rd of October which resulted in a death of a young man. We are asking that traffic islands similar to Upper Ballyfermot Road be positioned here, additional signage, speed cushions / rumple strips basically any measures ... view the full agenda text for item 8.