{meta} Agenda for South East Area Committee on Monday 9th May, 2022, 2.30 pm

Agenda

Venue: Council Chamber - City Hall Hybrid

Contact: Jennifer Wall Email: SEAQANDM@dublincity.ie 

Items
No. Item

1.

Presentation from Traffic on Pigeon House Road Filtered Permeability pdf icon PDF 1 MB

2.

Minutes of the South East Area Committee Meeting held on 11th April 2022 pdf icon PDF 688 KB

3.

Environment and Transportation Department Matters pdf icon PDF 81 KB

      i.        Minutes of the Traffic Advisory Group Meeting held on 26th April 2022.

4.

Planning and Property Management Department Matters pdf icon PDF 128 KB

      i.        Report on proposed disposal: Surrender and grant of a new combined lease of the kiosk and former public toilets at the junction of Adelaide Road and Lesson Street, Dublin 2, to Perch Coffee Limited.

 

     ii.        Report on proposed disposal: Fee simple front of 150 Sundrive Road, Crumlin to Kevin Good and Aileen Good.

 

    iii.        Report on proposed disposal: Renewal of lease of 20 Wicklow Street to Essential Foods Ltd. T/A Cornucopia.

 

Additional documents:

5.

Culture, Recreation and Economic Services Department Matters pdf icon PDF 437 KB

      i.        Report on proposed Part 8 works at Palmerston Park Defunct Depot, installation of tearooms and fully accessible public toilets.

6.

South East Area Office Matters pdf icon PDF 673 KB

      i.        Report of the Director of Services Central and South East.

 

     ii.        Report on proposed naming and numbering of a development as Plás Dhumhach Thrá / Sandymount Place, Dublin 4, 1 – 53.

 

    iii.        Report on proposed naming and numbering of a development as 1 – 24 Cearnóg an Oraigh / Orr’s Square and 1 - 4 Ardán an Oraigh / Orr's Terrace.

 

Additional documents:

7.

Motions

 

Motion 1 from Councillor Mannix Flynn

That this committee of DCC call  on DCC to immediately initiate the de-tenanting process with a view to rejuvenation at Glovers Court flat complex.

All of these flats are in a deplorable state and in direct breach of human rights. The water coming out of the taps is absolutely filthy.  The roofs are leaking, there is damp and mould throughout the whole complex.  Many people have ill health due to conditions.  Many of the children are constantly falling sick as a result of spores and mould.  The complete fabric here is dilapidated to such an extent as to warrant a dangerous structure. 

This is unacceptable and the residents here are demanding action by way of de-tenanting and by way of DCC engaging with the residents here regarding the regeneration of these homes.  There is an opportunity here to de-tenant the most effected tenants here at Glovers Court and rehouse them at the new apartments at Charlemont Square that have come on stream recently.

 

Motion 2 from Councillors Dermot Lacey and Danny Byrne

This Committee requests that a report on current arrangement for cleansing and waste disposal and future plans for an improved service be prepared in advance of the South Anne Street and adjoining areas improvement plan coming to the council for approval.


Motion 3 from Councillor Tara Deacy

That this committee agree to establish a strategic working group to assist in the coordination of the Ukrainian response in the southeast area. This group could include representation from the community, voluntary and statutory sectors and include reps. from local schools, children and young people services committee, local drugs task force etc.

 

Motion 4 from Councillor Mary Freehill

That Development Dept. report on what has been done to claw back DCC land that includes the bridge across the Dodder to the golf club on Dodder Walk, Dartry and why has it taken so long to regularise these boundaries.

 

Motion 5 from Councillor Mary Freehill

With regard to the details of previous motions below in relation to ESB and Georgian buildings in the Fitzwilliam area. It is agreed that the council make contact with ESB to commence work on the restoration of the house between ESB offices and Larry Murphy’s pub.  It was agreed that this pilot project would work in co-operation with the Planning Department to find practical solutions to interpretation of our conservation laws.   The occupancy level remains low in our Georgian area of the city and this project is urgently needed to address the declining population in this area   

 

Back in 2013/14 there was a considerable exodus from Georgian Dublin and the council was concerned about making these houses habitable and accessible for 21st century living which is a challenge to our conservation laws.  At that time ESB agreed to co-operate with DCC to return these houses from offices to dwellings and that the process would act as a prototype and an opportunity to apply best practise to the interpretation of  ...  view the full agenda text for item 7.

8.

Questions to the Chief Executive 9th May 2022 pdf icon PDF 359 KB